We believe that the pursuit of knowledge is a lifelong quest, and Alumni College is a rich opportunity to enjoy that learning experience again and to sample the recent research and academic courses of Wright State's distinguished faculty. When you're not in class, Alumni College offers a chance to mingle with your fellow "classmates" who make up a broad spectrum of Wright State alumni from various class years, majors, and regions.
Alumni College 2017 Sessions
A sampling of topics included:
- The Science (and Pseudoscience) of Forensic DNA Profiling - Dan Krane, Professor in the Department of Biological Sciences and renowned DNA expert
- This Show is NOT Chemical Free: And other reasons why we need to set our classrooms on fire - Kirby A. Underwood, Chemistry Lab Manager, Chemistry Department
- The Downside of Being Elected President of the United States - Jim Sayer, retired Chair of the Department of Communication and Lake Campus Dean
- NAFTA and US employment - Mingming Pan, Ph.D., Assistant Professor, Department of Economics
- Wright State History Through the Eyes of the Guardian - Jeffrey Alan John, Professor Emeritus, Department of Communication
- Build It and They Will Come: The History of Wright State University - Chris Wydman, University Archivist and Records Manager, Department of Special Collections and Archives
- Ohio's Opiod Crisis: Committing to Solve Complex Community Issues - Joseph E. Keferl, Rh.D., CRC, Dean and Professor, College of Education & Human Services
Click HERE for bios of all Alumni College professors and lecturers.