Membership & Benefits
Alumni Association Membership Frequently Asked Questions
Everything you wanted to know and more about membership with the Wright State Alumni Association.
GENERAL MEMBERSHIP QUESTIONS
- What’s the best way to purchase a Wright State Alumni Association membership?
- What’s the best way to contact the Alumni office?
- What are the office hours of the Office of Alumni Relations?
- Who can join the Wright State Alumni Association?
- What types of memberships are there?
- What happens when my membership expires?
- How can I get a replacement membership card?
- I want to join. What are the member benefits?
- Will my Wright1 card still allow me to use the fitness center?
- Will I be able to use the library?
- Our secure online application form
- Call for a membership form to be mailed to you.
- Call Office of Alumni Relations and give payment over the phone.
- Walk in during office hours. (return)
- Call: 937-775-2620
- Visit: Rockafield Alumni Center
- Write: Wright State University Alumni Association, 3640 Colonel Glenn Hwy., Dayton, OH 45435-0001 (return)
- Monday through Friday, 8:30am – 5:00pm (return)
- Any alumni or friends* of Wright State
- Regular member: must have a degree from Wright State
- Associate member*: must have been a student at Wright State
- Affiliate member*: anyone with an interest in Wright State
- Costs and benefits the same for all except *non-alumni members are not eligible to vote for the Bd of Directors, nor are they eligible for the Alumni Association Legacy Scholarship. (return)
- Individual or Joint (with spouse or life partner)
- New grad membership – 2 years for less than the price of 1
- Individual or Joint 1 year membership - $45 or $70
- Individual or Joint 2 year membership - $80 or $140
- Individual or Joint 3 year membership - $120 or $195
- Individual or Joint life membership* - $600 or $750, *payable at one time or in quarterly installments over 2 years (return)
- You will be notified by email ahead of time with a link to a convenient online renewal form. (return)
- Contact the Office of Alumni Relations to make and mail you a new card. Or arrange to pick it up at the Alumni office. (return)
- A life membership can be purchased on a payment plan. Your first payment which accompanies your application will be the first of 8 quarterly payments. You will be sent a reminder for the subsequent payments. At this time there is no online option for making the subsequent payments. Just mail in a check or credit card number to the Alumni office or give us a phone call with a credit card number. (return)
- Members have exclusive access to certain services and receive discounts on others. Membership dues also help support a wide array of alumni programs. For a full listing of benefits, please see our Benefits of Membership webpage. (return)
- The university allows Alumni Association members to join the Fitness Center, but it requires the member to purchase a university ID card. Take your Alumni Association card with you to the Wright1 Card center at 234 Student Union between 8:30a and 5:00p. They will charge $5, take your picture, and give you a card with the expiration date shown on your Association membership card. The Campus Rec department will need to see your active Wright1 card in order to sell you a fitness center membership. (return)
- The university allows active Alumni Association members to become library members. To set up an account they will want to see your Association membership card and a photo id such as a driver’s license. There is no additional charge. At this time the library is able to let its members check out books and to use online research tools on site (but not remotely). (return)